15 Alberta Road, pictured in 1886 and today, is one of the oldest houses in Brookline. It was built in 1820 by Thaddeus Jackson, the son of a blacksmith, who built it for his son, Thaddeus Jr. By mid-century it was occupied by the Goodnough family as part of their farm. The 1874 atlas shows a cider mill on the property, though it was gone by 1886. The house had already had several additions and changes made to it by the time the 1886 photo was taken and has had many more since.
Photo credits: Public Library of Brookline (1886 photo); Google Street View (2023 photo)
Ken Liss is president of the Brookline Historical Society.